From the 1st April 2021 the minimum wage rates are set to change!
Now is a good time to update and review your Employment Agreements.
The new minimum wage rates (before tax) are:
- Adult - $20.00 an hour (up from $18.90)
- Starting-out - $16.00 per hour (up from $15.12)
- Training - $16.00 per hour (up from $15.12)
What you’ll need to do:
- If you do have staff on minimum wage, you should provide them with a Variation to their Individual Employment Agreement.
- If any workers are on starting-out or training wages, now is a good time to check when they’ll be eligible to move to the adult rate.
- If your Individual Employment Agreements are a few years old, use this as a chance to update and review them.
If you have any questions or, would like advice before making any decisions around employment matters, please give our team a call to reduce your risks and ensure compliance with employment law.